Wendy Avatar

letter I IMG_5617 letter S IMG_5485_2 IMG_5533 IMG_5642 E

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tool #6: Wikis

Wikis are pretty amazing. I have heard of wikis in various trainings, but have never explored them. My daughter is consantly asking me random questions. On a recent vaction she asked me how did the Rockefellars get so rich and what is the life expectancy of flys? Next time when I'm asked such profound questions as these I will have her wikipedia them.

I just wikipedia "math" and it said it is the study of pattern. It went on to say such patterns include numbers and thier operations, interrelations, cobinations and abstractions... so on and so on. I feel if students could just see math as a study of patterns they would truly have a better understanding of various concepts. This fundamental definition is probably why I feel Number Lines are so important for students to visualize constantly so that they can see the patterns of numbers and it is always constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment